Thursday, April 26, 2012

Do u need a fan on a video card?

my fan on my video card starting to make a grinding noise so i removed it and im not too sure if i need to put a replacement fan on it. its a pny fx5200 pci card. i already have a new card on my computer but i want to throw this is a junked system so the on board video card doesnt need to take up the memory.|||Some video cards will still work with no fan. All depends what type of program is running . If the video card is needed for high graphic games etc... then you will likely need a fan or the game will freeze up. That's an indication that the card is overheating.



If the image gets jumpy or freezes then a replavement fan is needed. Myself I would opt to replace the fan .|||Well when I purchased a new graphics card (without a fan) my computer would just crash after maybe 3-5 hours of use.Then i got a fan installed on my computer and now it does not crash and works very smoothly.|||Absolutely yes! The processor on the video card is 10x more powerful than your CPU, just more speciallized. It will melt itself down without a fan.|||Graphics cards are engineered differntly, some with fans, some without. If it came with one, it needs one.|||erm if there was one already there it probably needs one...

No comments:

Post a Comment