Thursday, April 26, 2012

Fan replacement for FX5500?

I recently purchased a FX5500 video card and it's perfect for what I need at the moment. Unfortunately I find the fan on the card to be quite loud and I am looking for a cheap way to replace it with something quieter. I've looked at the Arctic Cooling product line but none officially support the FX5500. Any suggestions? The model I have is the EVGA 128-A8-N319-LX for the AGP slot with 128MB DDR.|||I had a similar problem on another graphics card. You won't find one that is "officially supported". Best you can do is find one of the same dimensions. Carefully measure yours LxWxH and compare to the ones you're looking at. Other things to consider, but you might not have a lot of choice about it are fan RPMs and airflow. When you take off the old one and look carefully at it, it should say on there somewhere.



Lastely is the phisical connection (screw holes, etc). If the dimensions are the same, then you should be able to attach it somehow. This last part was the one that gave me the most trouble, but I managed to find some srews that worked for me.|||Heres a bunch of 20-25 DBa videocard cooling devices.

No comments:

Post a Comment