Thursday, April 26, 2012

PSU wont start with video card plugged?

One week ago my computer shut down automatically and it wouldn't start up anymore. I called a friend to bring up his PSU to make a test and it started up. So I presumed that my PSU(520W) was broken and sent it for a replacement one as it was in warranty period. I picked up my brand new PSU today and attached it to all the components, 3 fans HDD video card motherboard. I tried starting it up and... nothing again.

I had no problems with my old one for 6 months so it should be able to power up all my components. I tried all the possible permutations, unplugging fans, hdd, video card, and it would only start without my video card. My video card has 2 PCI slots for power because it can't draw enough power from my motherboard.



Does anyone have a clue why my computer wont startup with the video card plugged in?|||It is tough to tell,.



When your friend brought his over, what brand and size PSU did he use and what Brand PSU are you using currently?



Are you plugging in the two extra power connections from the PSU to the video card?|||if you upgraded your video card from stock it may be your motherboard not being able to handle the power that the card is drawing. i would see to upgrading your motherboard.|||The power supply could have killed something on its way out

No comments:

Post a Comment