Thursday, April 26, 2012

Video card fan spins, but get no video?

A while back my video card decided to bite the dust (EVGA gtx260 core 216 superclocked edition) and when it happened my PSU started making these random click noises (Antec 850watt)..the click noises stopped soon after and i ended up finding a 9400gt to use until my RMA came in for the gtx260. Well once it came in i installed it and the fan spins like its trying to work but it gets no video..its hard to think it would be something with the slot because the 9400GT works just fine (im on it right now and have been for a while). I don't have any means of testing the replacement card because i dont know anyone who has a computer with a pci-e 2.0 slot so thats out of the ball park. Im considering purchasing a new PSU because there are really good after christmas sales going on right now. So i guess my question is: Does it sound like the video card is just a DOA replacement, or could my power supply be the reason its jack'd up. Thanks in advance|||I would have to say PSU, the fan gets its power from PCI-E slot, the card gets its power form the 2 6-pin PCI-E Connectors. Did you remember to plug those in? If they are plugged in, and you get nothing then I would say bad card or PSU. Get the PSU from some place like Fry's that have a liberal return policy that way if it turns not to be the PSU, you can return it.|||IF your video card is compatible then you might have jerked the RAM..just remove the RAM an put it back should solve the problem..if not then

No comments:

Post a Comment