Thursday, April 26, 2012

Oh my god, computer fan issue?

Okay so here we have me and my shitty computer.

Cant afford to buy a new computer...

Cant afford to buy a new video card...



My Video Card Fan sounds like a Jet Engine....so I cleaned it many many times, it would help a bit, but it would always come back, now its making a buzzing sound...

My inside sources are telling me thats bad.



So I was going to take the Video Card back and just trade it in at Best Buy (where I got it)

But then I couldnt find the receipt! (GRRRRRR....)

So then I was going to just buy a replacement fan for it....turns out

They dont sell any.......(GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.....)



So here I have a broken *** fan, with my broke *** self, with no butt *** receipt....



So im asking for several options here...if anyone wants to know its a Radeon HD 4650|||i saw a 5670 card with 1Gb online for 70 USD. if your power supply can support that, i'd think that's the way to go. it's more powerful than the 4650 card, too. [hmm -- requires a PCI-e x16 slot -- do you have one of those?]



newegg.com online still has a few AGP or even PCI graphics cards available





there's a power supply sizer app on the newegg.com site -- left side of the power supplies page|||Well install a fan near to graphics card but not attached to it,more sound ensures more power implies more cooling i have 5 fans excluding smps and processor ,just installed anxiety that no heat must harm my pc,so it doesn't provide much sound,coz i make holes on cabinet and isntalled an tightend with rubber washer so vibration sound will not come,but the air noise willl be there,but it's affordable|||after some googling it seems to be an issue with that card. since you do not have the receipt from best buy I would call the manufacture of the card and see if there is something they can do. maybe they can send you a replacement fan or a new card.|||Okay, let me just say first of all... Please don't consider buying an Apple just because you can't find a receipt. That is extreme and at best, ignorant once you consider the cost per performance ratio that makes Apple computers a hole for you to shovel your money.



If you bought the card with a credit or debit card, Best Buy can often use that to get the purchase information so you may not need a receipt.



The slot cooler that another person suggested is a good idea. One thing that could be causing the buzz is a pretty simple problem that has taken me a while to figure out. Check to make sure that no loose cables inside your computer are hitting any fan. If there are some dancing around in there, use some nylon ties to secure them.|||I'm not sure what your question is, if you don't have the receipt, I don't think Best Buy can do anything for you. My best suggestion is to save up some money for an apple computer. Apple can actually do a search for your receipt using your email, a serial number, or even your credit card you used to purchase it. You also get a 1 year applecare warranty to fix anything and everything that goes wrong with it.|||If your fan is that loud, then the card is overheating. I highly doubt you broke the fan. Stock coolers on GPUs can be extremely loud. Your choices are to buy a new heatsink for the card, or buy a case fan to put over the cards core, to help the card's heatsink out (hopefully) making it run quieter.



Here are is a possible option for a heatsink:



http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as…



Here are some PCI-E coolers:





http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductLis…

No comments:

Post a Comment