Thursday, April 26, 2012

Replacement Fan for Geforce 7600GT (PCI-E)?

I've got that video card (yeah, I know, it's a few years old) and the fan sounds like it's dying. I'd like to replace it but I can't seem to find a suitable replacement fan. I've searched all around but cannot find a fan that is specifically for this card. Can anyone point me to where I can buy a replacement for this specific card? Thanks.|||Finding a replacement cooler may be a bit difficult. If you do it via manufacturer, you'll prolly have to spend a bit of money to get it anyway. The best option, if you are intent on repairing your card, is to get an after market cooler. I poked around on a trusted site (newegg.com) and found a $15 copper cooler that should outgun the stock cooler and fit your card:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as…



One thing, if you get the point where you're spending more than $25 on cooling, just upgrade to a new 8600 GT for $50 with MIR:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as…

It will perform better in newer games as it is better optimized for them. Raw power is about the same...|||Go to the shop that you bought the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment